Understanding the Regulatory Environment
The legal and scheme regulatory landscapes that apply to Payments are ever evolving, and diverge greatly on a country by country / region by region basis. Fin-Serv can help payments-related businesses understand how such regulations may apply and impact their businesses by:
- identifying potential strategies to comply with the regulations
- assisting with the implementation
- developing changes to the client’s financial supply chain, operating procedures and policies.
Enhancing Risk Management
Payments invariably involve some exposure to Risk Management. Fin-Serv helps such organisations understand and manage/mitigate their payments-related losses through a thorough review of existing policies and procedures and the recommendation/development of detailed product requirements to enhance risk systems and processes. This may involve:
- payments risk training
- product development and enhancement
- identifying and sourcing external solutions
- Advising North-American based payment providers on EU payments regulations (PI, EMI) and managing application process through to license issuance
- Assisting MSB’s with local banking facilities and addressing regulatory issues.